National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator (NOPTA)
Level 8 Alluvion Building 58 Mounts Bay Road
Perth, Western Australia
NOPTA’s purpose is to advise on and administer the Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Act 2006 in support of the effective regulation and management of our offshore petroleum resources consistent with good oil field practice and optimum recovery.
NOPTA’s key functions are to:
• assess applications to provide timely advice and recommendations to the Joint Authorities and the 'responsible Commonwealth Minister'
• facilitate life of title administration and maintain registers of petroleum and greenhouse gas storage titles
• secure optimum petroleum recovery through effective resource management
• undertake compliance monitoring to ensure industry is meeting its obligations
• grant short-term titles (access authority and special prospecting authority)
• assess and make decisions on the registration of transfers and dealings
• manage the collection and release of data associated with petroleum and greenhouse gas activities
NOPTA is committed to maintaining the highest standards of regulatory practice and considers that strong and effective relationships with our stakeholders is essential for robust, transparent and consistent regulatory decisions.